Privacy and Cookies Policy
Premium Plus UK Ltd is a registered business in the UK (Registration No. 07443320) that supplies dental products to the dental industry throughout the UK and Europe.
What this Policy covers
Premium Plus are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of your personal data. This Policy explains how your data is collected, used, transferred and disclosed by Premium Plus. It applies to data collected when you use our website, when you interact with us via phone or e-mail, or in person at meetings and/or exhibitions.
We take the protection of your personal data seriously and will process your personal data fairly, lawfully and transparently.
The personal data we collect
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymised data, where the identity and identifying information has been removed.
We collect the following groups of personal data:
• Identity Data such as: first name, last name, title, occupation, job title, GDC no.
• Contact Data such as: email address, billing address, delivery address, country, telephone number, account reference.
• Financial Data such as: payment card details and bank account. Note: this information is not stored.
• Transaction Data such as: details of your purchases and the fulfilment of your orders (such as basket number, order number, subtotal, title, currency, discounts, shipping, number of items, product number, single item price, category, tax etc.); payments to and from you and details of other products and services you have obtained from us, correspondence or communications with you in respect of your orders.
• Technical Data such as: details of the of device(s) you use to access our services (IP addresses, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform).
• Profile Data such as: purchases or orders made by you, product interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
• Usage Data such as: how and when you use our website, how you moved around it, what you searched for; website performance statistics, traffic, location, weblogs and other communication data; and details of any other Premium Plus products and services used by you.
• Marketing and Communications Data such as: your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
How we collect your data
We may collect and store (electronically or otherwise) personal data about you in the following ways:
Direct interactions – you may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial, Transaction, Profile, and Marketing and Communications data (as described above) by filling in forms, entering information online or by corresponding with us by post, phone, e-mail, or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide, for example, when you:
• Create an account or purchase products by phone, e-mail, in person at meetings and/ or exhibitions or via our website;
• Complete a voluntary market research survey;
• Contact us with an enquiry or to report a problem (by phone, email or mail);
Automated technologies or interactions – as you interact with our website, we may automatically collect the following types of data (all as described above): Technical Data about your equipment, Usage Data about your browsing actions and patterns, and Contact Data where tasks carried out via our website remain uncompleted, such as incomplete orders or abandoned baskets. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see further information in the section entitled ‘Cookies’.
Third parties – we may receive personal data about you from various third parties, including:
• Identity and Contact Data that is in the public domain, for example on a website or public register.
• Technical Data from third parties, including analytics providers such as Google. Please see further information in the section entitled ‘Cookies’.
How we use your data
The legal basis for processing your personal data
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. As a data controller, the legal basis for our collection and use of your personal data varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collected it.
We will only collect personal data from you when:
• we need your personal data to perform a contract with you. For example, to process a payment from you, fulfil your order or provide customer support connected with an order, or
• the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or
• we have your consent, or
• we have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal data from you.
Please be aware that we may process your personal data using more than one lawful basis, depending on the specific activity involved. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
Uses made of your personal data
We use your information:
• to process your orders and manage your account
• to communicate with you about our products and promotions
• to monitor purchase history, site use and traffic patterns to improve our site design and products
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site
• to personalise your repeat visits to our site
• to contact you about voluntary market research surveys
• to verify your identity
• to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
• to prevent and detect fraud or abuses of our site
• where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
If you have any questions about how Premium Plus use any of your personal data, please contact our appointed representative (details below).
How long we keep your data for
We will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) it was provided for and to meet our legal obligations. We regularly check, maintain, update and remove data that is no longer accurate. Further details of the periods for which we retain data are available on request.
How we share your data
We may disclose and share your personal data with the parties set out below:
• to business partners, suppliers and other third parties that we use in connection with the running of our business for purposes such as:
• to protect our customers and website from fraud and theft, we may share personal data that is required to make identity checks and personal data that we obtain from making identity checks (including data relating to your age, name and location), together with account information, with organisations (including law enforcement agencies), involved in fraud prevention and detection. Please note that these third parties may retain a record of the information that we provide to them for this purpose;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
• to our professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
How we protect your personal data
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
• We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
• We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
• We will reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us. We require any third party who is contracted to process your personal data on our behalf to have security measures in place to protect your data and to treat such data in accordance with the law.
In the unfortunate event of a personal data breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
Your data and countries outside of Europe
The personal data we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at, destinations outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") using legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We will take all steps necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Please contact us if you would like further information on the countries to which we may transfer personal data and the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data outside the EEA.
We will only send you direct mail marketing, which is a ‘legitimate interest’, and that we believe to be relevant to you in your professional capacity and to your business. You have a right to stop us from sending direct mail marketing to you at any time by contacting us by phone, email or mail.
We will process all opt-out requests as soon as possible, but please note that due to the nature of our IT systems and servers it may take a few days for any opt-out request to be implemented.
Premium Plus would also like to hear your views to help us to improve our products, so we may contact you for market research purposes. We will always give you a choice whether to take part in our market research.
Your data will not be sold or shared with any other third party company for their marketing purposes.
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website and keep track of your visits.
Google Analytics & Web Optimiser
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
Cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites.
Whether or not you allow us to download cookies is up to you, but if you choose to disable cookies by changing your Browser Settings, our Website and its features may not necessarily work in the same way. If you delete all of your cookies, you will have to update your preferences with us again. If you use a different device, computer profile or browser you will have to tell us your preferences again.
Links to other websites and third parties
Our website may include links to and from websites of our partner suppliers and distributors, or to social media platforms. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to their websites.
Our systems are monitored by virus checking software, however, the company cannot accept any responsibility or liability for viruses or other destructive elements contained within or attached to these pages. It is your responsibility to scan and check all materials before downloading them from this site.
Your Rights as an individual
You have several rights under the General Data Privacy Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
Brief details of each of these rights are set out below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by phone or email.
The right to be informed
The right of access (subject access request)
You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you and details of how we use and store your data.
At any point, you have the right to submit a Subject Access Request and we will respond within 30 days but normally much sooner. We will not charge a fee for any of the requests unless the request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’. We also reserve the right to withhold personal data if disclosing it would ‘adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others’.
The right to rectification
You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can update particular personal data at any time by logging into your website account (website account required), or by calling/ emailing us (contact details below).
The right to erasure
You have the right to request that we delete any or all personal data Premium Plus holds on you at any time. The only reason we would not carry out this request is if it would result in us being in breach of other legal or regulatory obligations we have, but we would always inform you at the time were this the case.
To avoid the possibility of re-adding your personal data in the future, we may retain Name, Business Name, Billing Address, Delivery address and Email address (where applicable) in our master suppression file.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data at any time. This does not affect any processing that has been carried out prior to your request being received. Where processing is restricted, we are allowed to retain sufficient information about you to ensure that the restriction is respected in future, for example unsubscribing from a service.
The right to data portability
You have the right to receive and access data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
The right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest or to our direct marketing. You can object by phone or email to request the removal of your data.
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
We will not use your personal data for any automated decision making or profiling.
Lodge a complaint
If at any point you feel we are being unfair or dismissing your rights as an individual, please contact us and let us know.
If we are unable to help remedy the situation you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office as the supervisory authority within the UK. You can do so using their website at ico.org.uk by clicking the “Report a concern” link and then following the steps found on the page.
How to contact us
If you have any queries regarding how your data is processed or shared, including activating your right to erasure please contact our appointed representative by phone, email or mail.
Premium Plus UK Ltd
Registered Company No. 7443320
UK VAT Number: 105 7395 17
Address: Data Protection Lead
Unit 2, 847 Ringwood Road,
Knighton Heath Industrial Estate,
Phone: +44 01202 611 011